Monday, March 14, 2011

BEDROOMS





images via elle decor and met home

I think that the master bedroom is the first place to start when redesigning/decorating a house. It's the first place you wake up to in the morning and hopefully where you spend a good amount of time at night winding down. Some people associate peaceful bedrooms with neutral, muted colors and others find peace in texture and color.  The first four images are by one of my favorite designers Vicente Wolf. Check out his blog if you haven't already. The last two are Kelly Wearstler. She's incredibly talented and brave in her color/pattern/texture choices. I would love to stay in all of these bedrooms. 

3 comments:

  1. I just love the barbie picture on the wall! I agree, Jen and I end up spending a lot of time in our bedroom in the evenings once the girls are asleep. Our place is small enough that we have to retreat to the farthest corner of the house, close the door and whisper. I like the idea of spicing up the master.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, I just inherited 2 screens just like the ones in the photo behind the headboard. except there is a very outdated painting on one side. should I keep them? recommendations for what to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'd be able to sleep underneath that spiky star thing.

    ReplyDelete