Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday: Blog Re-design frustrations

I'm feeling frustrated and down about my blog! I love my blog and it's been neglected by me lately because my job/marriage/children/etc. are on the crazy side of things right now. But also because I've been wanting to put my posts on my newly designed blog and have been waiting and waiting...

Back on October 4th I hired Kelly from Fabulous K to give my blog the make-over it so desperately needed. I love her work and she is reasonably priced and it seemed like a great fit. I sent in a rush order for $55 extra so that I could have it done by November 1st. She responded acknowledging a rush order and a few questions and I answered them. Then nothing! I never heard from her. I was getting nervous so on the 24th of last month I emailed her and she wrote back that she was working on it and would send it over ASAP that week. Then nothing again! November 4th, four days after the rush order deadline I
e-mailed her thinking she'd pulled a fast one on me! She wrote back right away and said she has sent me an e-mail with more questions that I never responded to. Okay... understandable, maybe it got lost in some junk mail trap. I didn't care I just wanted it to be finished. So I responded back to her questions 5 seconds later and I've sent her three more since then to the same email address she's been emailing me from and still haven't heard from her since Nov. 4th. Isn't that weird? I don't see any e-mails in my junk mail. Maybe our e-mails are going into some void in the universe but I'm going crazy because I don't know what's going on. I just left a comment on her blog so I'll see what happens. I hope it works out. I was really excited about it! Now I'm mostly just frustrated by the whole thing :(
Any advice?

Whitney


8 comments:

  1. Hi Whitney! I was wondering why you guys went a bit quiet. You are on my Google Reader along with a bunch of other design sites. My suggestion on this quandry? Hit the reset button and start over with someone else. Consider it a sunk cost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Whitney! I recommend Sorren from Sorren Isler Creative - she recently redesigned my site and did a great job for an amazing price and was super quick! Good luck - I hope everything works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Whitney. I am sorry. Hope it gets resolved quickly and in a positive manner, so you don't spend more money having to hire someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joanne, Amelia, and A Pearl in the Making!

    I will look into Sorren. I love your blogs!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get it worked out, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang, that stinks. Sunk cost probably, but now that it is over a month since your "rush" order and she still is silent? I'm so bugged for you.

    They are not getting lost in cyberspace - she sounds like she just took the money and is giving excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry... that's definitely a bummer. I'm sure it will work out (eventually??) and I can't wait to see it when it does!

    ReplyDelete