Monday, November 21, 2011

Tuesday: Relatively Cheap and Chic


I love that this lamp is a very classic design but then the elongated shade adds a little modern sense of humor. I saw it in a store window and knew it was perfect for our family room/office. I finally saved up enough to get something. I desperately want a cozy chair but our room has no light in it besides my two giraffe sconces and I can't see anything! The lamp is from LampsPlus.com. I love free shipping. It's by Robert Abbey. I love that its name is Buster. It reminds me of Arrested Development. And the lamp couldn't look less like a Buster to me.

Tip to try at home: turn off the ceiling lights and then hang out in your room like normal. You will see where you need lamps. I have light by my desk, string lights in one corner for Christmas and the floor lamp will go in the other corner. The next step will be getting a chandelier/pendant for the center.






I forgot to mention! We are still trying to get the blog re-designed. Long story. I'll fill you in on the details later. -Whit

2 comments:

  1. Very simple and classic... I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Whitney .. or Kevin. If you are wanting to update your blog design (although I must admit to loving your very clean style) you could download a free template. I did it for mine and it was very very easy. It kept all the links and after redesigning mine myself about 10 times, I am now happier than I've ever been using a template.

    Link for mine here - but browse others and find one you like ..

    http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2011/02/minimal-swiss-design-free-blogger.html#more

    ReplyDelete