Thursday, November 3, 2011

Friday: Before and After






This project was so great because it was for my brother and sister-in-law! I know the before and after is hard but the window you see in the before is the same window on the right side in the after. 

Why I love this project:
-my family has excellent taste
-my brother can make anything (ex. the bench/coffee table, the bookcases, the easel, the mirror over the sofa) Is there anything left? :)
- It's an old student housing apartment and it looks great!


Here's a break down.
-Desk chair, overstock
-computer desk, jimmy-rigged from ikea stuff 
-rug, ballard
-sofa, macys.com
-bench by window, ikea (holds niece's toys)
-easel and art both done by brother
-wood framed mirror, brother
-arc lamp, overstock
-side chair, brought with them
-bookshelves, materials from home depot
-lamp, target
-plants and pots, ikea

The break down in price is around $3,000, including making the bench and shelves but not the mirror or easel and art. Those were made a few years ago. 

This was our inspiration.



7 comments:

  1. love how you used the space to cover up the ugly air vent thingy. and the carpet almost looks like some cool blue-gray stained concrete! way to make the room work. now I know I don't have any excuse for not having a great space with what I'm given!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. your "about us" page is probably the best thing ever. I think I'm in love with you four.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! This one might be my favorite one yet that you guys have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Before&After!! Well done ;)

    Marisa
    Preto-Marfim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog via Danielle's - I love this before and after, it's hard to believe it's the same place! I started to name my favourite parts, but realized I was naming every detail in the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I saw a few of your spaces over at Danielle Oakey's blog but I didn't realize how dramatic this before and after is - great work you did a really amazing job with this space. That light fixture and couch rock - and it looks so much brighter and full of life now.

    ReplyDelete